History

Original Building

Original Building-4th & Felix, St. Joseph

Richard K. Dickens Sr. purchased a small cigar and tobacco shop in 1946 in downtown St. Joseph, MO. As business grew over the next 30 years, St. Joseph Tobacco Company moved to a larger location and opened a catalog showroom. In the 1980’s, Richard K. Dickens Jr. took over as president for the company and turned the business focus from tobacco and catalog showroom to full line convenience store wholesale.

In 1997, Brian Dickens took over as president of the company. As business continued to grow, the company outgrew the building. In 2001, St. Joseph Tobacco Company changed its business name to Saint Joe Distributing and moved into its present facility.